Reasons to Give -
The Opportunities that Exist
- Increasing the number of students ready to learn
- 16,852 children in Dallas County are not ready for Kindergarten
- Closing the gap in 3rd grade literacy rates
- 24,694 3rd graders in Dallas County are not reading on grade level
- Growing the number of adults with two- and four-year degrees
- Only 34% of Dallas County adults hold a two-year or four-year degree (well below the 60% goal for our region by 2025)
- 4,740 additional students have accessed pre-kindergarten since 2012
- 18 Accelerating Campus Excellence (ACE) campuses in Dallas and Ft. Worth ISDs met accountability standards in 2018
- A 9% increase in Dallas County Promise students completing the FAFSA application since 2017
Return on Investment
For every postsecondary credential earned, a student’s lifetime earnings increase by $1 million, impacting the prosperity of our local economy.
Filling the 42,000 unfilled, middle skilled jobs in Dallas-Fort Worth each year could lead to an additional $2 billion increase in annual GDP and $120 million increase in annual sales tax revenue.
Pre-K and birth-to-five programs are a better investment than most stocks. Research shows that high quality Pre-K and birth-to-five programs deliver a 13% per year return on investment.